Media Relations & Social Media public relations internships
As advertising budgets and newsrooms are shrinking, positive news and social media coverage about a company and its products, services, ideas and experts becomes more and more valuable, more competitive and more critical to a company’s success.
Axia Public Relations, a boutique public relations firm serving national clients, is seeking a public relations intern for our highly competitive, challenging and rewarding quarterly internship program. The ideal candidate has experience with newsrooms, media relations and social media.
This experience will introduce you to the many aspects of the creative, fast-paced and results-focused professional PR firm environment. We’ll offer you an opportunity to build both concrete experience and grow your professional portfolio in PR, media relations, social media and publicity. Our interns succeed – this experience is a springboard to a rewarding career. Our past interns are working for Axia, Home Depot, Quicksilver and other great companies – small and large.
- College sophomore, junior, senior or recent graduate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, cultivate and craft news stories and media materials
- Experience researching companies and issues
- Previous Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media experience required
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of computer applications
- Understanding of AP style and newswriting
- High level of creativity within the constraints of real budgets and deadlines
- Understanding news elements, newsroom operations and journalistic integrity
- Previous newsroom/media (journalism) experience and exposure a plus
- High standard of ethics, excellence and integrity
Axia Public Relations works with publicly traded and privately held corporations to produce award-winning, results-driven PR campaigns. The Jacksonville Business Journal recently named Axia to its annual list of the “Best Places to Work in Northeast Florida” and Jacksonville Magazine twice named Axia to its annual list of “Companies That Care in Northeast Florida.”
This internship position is unpaid. Telecommuting permitted.
Although an on-site intern is preferred, actively enrolled students may perform assignments remotely as a telecommuting/virtual intern.
There’s a thrill and a sense of pride when earning positive media coverage for your client and/or seeing a PR program go viral. If you are a smart, hard working, rising star who is up for a new and rewarding challenge, please apply today with a cover letter, resume, 3 best work samples and professional references by e-mailing careers (@) axia.net